Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Orleans Staples

I miss New Orleans.

The music. The food. The people. The food. The food. I'm stuffed already.

I just wanted to give you a list of some of my favorite establishments. Places that do it right. Places that get it. And places where you won't be paying for the scene -just the food:

Say hello to Casey at St. James Cheese Company. He'll tell you what's at its best right now; and while you're at it, have a Gruyere sandwich with Zapp's.

Justin at Le Petit Grocery is a great bet, especially for lunch. The burger is made with only flavor in mind - and a good wine pairing, too.

Mo's Pizza on the Westbank makes what is, in my opinion, the best Italian-American-style pie in the metro area. Tell Lance that you want extra peppers, They're already roasted.

If your looking for serious evening dining at a reasonable price, check out A Mano. Josh knows how to cook Italian better than anybody in the city. If the Porchetta is available, order it.

Looking for dessert? La Divina Gelateria has you covered. It's the best gelato that I've had in The States, and the espresso is certainly the best in New Orleans.

I promise you that you'll get your money's worth at these establishment.

Eat Well,
Eric

2 comments:

  1. I love food myself! I would have participated in your poll, but I've only eaten at restaurants in New York & San Francisco (love the chowder at this great place actually featured in the 1973 Disney flick "Super Dad" who's name I can't remember).

    I lived in San Luis Obispo, California for a couple years and my favorite breakfast restaurant in that town has to be Big Sky Cafe (@ 1121 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, 93401).

    Big Sky makes an awesome omelette called the 'Blue Cheese, Apples & Smoked Bacon Omelette.' It is to die for!!

    They also have a Grilled Thai Shrimp & Cucumber Salad on their lunch menu that's terrific!

    The other nice thing is that Big Sky Cafe buys exclusively from farmers and suppliers in the SLO area...all the food is fresh & delicious!!

    I hope you get to go someday! Check out their menu at: www.bigskycafe.com

    Yummy!

    NoirDame (Leslie E.) http://noirinajar.blogspot.com/
    noirinajar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo's Pizza rocks. Where else can you get a gallon of beer??

    ReplyDelete